Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Clear Creek

(This trip was on April 2nd, 2011)
Today I went to East Clear and had a hell of a day. Started off with me trying to cross a rapid part of the river and I lost my footing sending me floating down East Clear like a DEAD DRIFT! Waders were full of water, and I managed to get to shore (that water was seriously cold). We fished on.
The day was crazy slow until about 2pm we saw some spawning bows on a redd in the stream. We watched them for about 10 minuets as they shook, turned side ways, and squirted in the water. We landed about 5 fish from this redd by working a bugger over the nest. This was sight fishing at its best and the largest fish on this particular redd was about 18 - 20 inches.After this point the day turned on revealing several browns from 15 - 18 inches, a few rainbows that were about 20 and a large female bow at 28 plus that i don't believe was spawning. All and all it was a great day of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment